Wednesday 28 December 2016

Altenew's Year End Review

Afternoon folks.
We are in what some wag at Radio 1 has nicknamed Chrimbo Limbo! You know that period twixt Christmas and New Year. It's also a time when although you have time on your hands and lots of Christmas goodies, the challenges are very quiet, for good reason I may add. Anyway I needed a card for my SiL's 70th birthday and I wanted to use my new Zig markers that my gorgeous son bought me for Christmas, he even got me the full set, despite me only asking for the 40 pack! So, I was looking for inspiration when I remembered the Altenew's year end challenge.
Here is my card.



I used the Beautiful Day set for this and the colour choice from July.

Altenew July Inspiration Challenge - Wedding Season!

I used the sentiment from this set , again adding 'TO' to it. I love the sentiment but I can't help being a grammar nerd, so people at Altenew please think about  us sad pedantic folk, the same goes with the lower case Christmas sentiments I bought and never used because they don't start with a capital letter! There must be a way round this, I've a feeling there might be a stamp set of capital letters!
OK, enough of the rant, here's what I did.
Using a Crafters Companion die I cut a jali panel in the middle of my top panel, which I made by extending a MFT stitched rectangle to just a tad under 5 x7, then stamped, coloured, and fussy cut the flowers, arranging them in a corsage in the bottom left. The stamped banner was slotted under the flowers and that was it complete.

On another topic, its been a really weird day weather wise. The forecast was for a frosty start but overcast later. This was the view from my window first thing this morning.


However, just 20 minutes later the previously frosted over cars in the front were dripping in water as the mist descended and persisted until I closed the curtains and saw the glorious sunset about 1/2 an hour ago, sadly too late for a piccy! 

I'm joining in over at -

altenew_yearinreview_challengealtenew-inspiration-challenge

CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS
Anything Goes option of a sketch ( no sketch for me)


10 comments:

  1. We had frost similar this morning - but then had a beautiful day complete with sunset a few mins ago- now it's foggy!!
    A lovely card Jules and am with you about grammar 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo mum. It was a funny weather day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Julie, love the summery colours. No frost for us "down south" this morning but it's making up for it now and getting foggy too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, wonderful son ;) Happy holidays, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card, and great use of your new pressie! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Schitterende kaart Julie
    De alle beste wensen voor 2017
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie this is a stunning card that flower is beautiful. You must have a lovely son. That photo of your view is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Which crafters companion die did you use?????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)