Thursday 6 July 2017

Never hide your wings

Good morning and welcoe to a post to announce the brand new challenge over at Cardz4Galz.
This time our theme is

BUTTERFLIES

Here is my inspiration card.


I made this for my daughter's birthday, she loves butterflies and blue with a touch of silver.
When she opened her card and showed it to my Grandson he said it was very pretty and Nannee was clever. Bless the little man, who is shortly to be celebrating his 7th birthday.
To start I made a panel on some M pare with Brusho which I sprinkled and then spritzed with water.
When dry I cut the solid butterflies from this and added white filigree ones over the top and arranged them on a die cut panel of white card. One of the solid butterflies, I cut from matching white card and placed it front and center so I could stamp the STAMPlorations sentiments over it. The butterfly bodies were cut from silver mirror card and trimmed down to suit my design. Inside is a simple happy birthday message. The finished panel was monted on silver and a plain white base card.
For more flutterby inspiration check out the rest of the team here and why not join in.

Joining in over at -

     Grab our Badge!
                                                        Layers

10 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, this is just beautiful and I bet your daughter LOVED it!! I know I do! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Layers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie this is a stunning card I love all the butterflies they are so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, how could your daughter not love your amazing creation! All those delightful butterflies lined up so PERFECTLY. I especially like the center embossed butterfly with the sentiment on it. GORGEOUSLY done with the watercolors in the background and darling butterflies with the magical silvery bodies! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card julie love the blue and silver it works well , very classy.

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very clever indeed, Julie! What a beautiful card in your daughter's favorite theme and colors! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous, I just love the crisp white with the blue and silver. your layout is impeccable, the rows so perfect :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolor

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Jules! Love the brushos butterflies with the white toppers. What a special card for your daughter. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tis lovely, mum, as always :) thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! I love that touch of silver framing the butterflies. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As soon as I saw those beautiful butterflies and sentiment I knew where they came from. Love the stitched scalloped die and gorgeous silver backing. Those butterflies look amazing in blue. Love your card Julie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)