Sunday 11 February 2018

Happy 6th Birthday Uniko

Morning all folks and welcome to Uniko's 6th Birthday Treasure Hunt!

Over 6 years Uniko has produced 104 (not including 2018s) clear stamp sets  and today the Design Team and a couple of 'special guests' have created a FUN clear stamp set treasure hunt blog hop for you to join in on. The aim of the treasure hunt is for you not only to be inspired by each of the projects the DT and our guests are sharing, but also to find a NAME of a clear stamp set from each of the 6 years Uniko has been going, from 2012 - 2017. 

I was so pleased to be asked by Bev if I would contribute as one of their 'special guests' to the celebrations by making a card using one of my favourite sets, Pure Florals: Gerbera. It was the first Uniko stamp set I bought a few years ago but was originally released in July 2012.

I wanted to showcase the lusciousness of the whole set, so using this card  as inspiration I went ahead. I love the look of large cover stamps but really find it hard to justify the cost, as they are not something that can be used on a regular basis. So I decided to make up my own faux one using most of the stamps and a lot of masking. A good friend has a birthday this month, red is her favourite colour and it also suits the bold gerbera image. The gold and black works well with the red for this, so here is the end result. 


To start, I must apologise for the picture quality, there was so much gold embossing I couldn't quite get the right level of light without it reflecting on part of the card. This was the best of half a dozen photos!

I started by stamping the outline gerbera on my black card base, then embossed with gold EP, masked that and added stamps and masks as I moved up the panel. For the sentiment strip I wanted to use a gold background with a black border so I inked black card through a homemade stencil with my Versamark pad and heat embossed in the same gold EP. The happy birthday from, Classic Numbers, was going to be stamped with StazOn but when I got mine out it was bone dry, so I stamped in Versamark and embossed in black EP. It gives a rather 3D effect I think.
When all the embossing was complete, I used my Prisma crayons to colour the bloom, so apart from the sentiment the whole card is one layer.

There are lots of other examples of this fab stamp on my blog here, here, here, here, here and here. I really do like these bold blooms!

Now down to the treasure hunt details.
Each person along the hop has created a project using a clear stamp set from the year they were allocated. They will also mention the year that the clear stamp set was released somewhere in their blog post. 
There are 11 amazing and inspirational designers in the hop and one DT Member has created 2 projects using 2 clear stamp sets from the six years, so there are 2 clear stamp sets from each of the 6 years to be found. Easy peasy!

Jot these answers down as you hop like this for example: 

2012 Pure Florals: Poinsettia / Pure Florals: Gerbera
2013 Background Builders: Round In Circles
2014 Explosion!
2014 Balloon Bash
2016 Originally Organic
2017 Reach For The Stars

Then email your answers to bev@uniko.co.uk by 9am GMT Sunday 18th February 2018. You will then be entered into a prize draw.

The Prizes!

Bev will randomly select THREE winners from all the correct entries that name 6 clear stamp sets from each year (2012-2017), to receive an in stock clear stamp set of their choosing.

Bev will also randomly select ONE lucky winner to receive a £60 eGift Certificate to spend in the Uniko store to those who correctly name and email all 12 clear stamp sets from each of the 6 years! 

If you would like to hop along here are all the links to the participants.

Jane 
Julie -You are here
Sarah P
Wiebke 

Happy Hopping & Hunting!


I'm joining in over at:-

Take It, Make It Challenge

  Please grab our logo
No topping                                    Anything with flowers

27 comments:

  1. WOW. Not only were you allocated my all-time FAV Uniko set Julie you've certainly showcased it with stunning glamour, dimension and elegance. Love the idea of using it as a complete background. Super clever idea and so effective with all the masking and embossing. Thanks for joining us as one of our special birthday guests. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just beautiful, love the splash of colour! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sumptuous and totally glorious! I too love the use of the stamp for an all over background, such a detailed and careful piece of creativity. Great to have you guesting with Uniko's 6th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, i can imagine how hard it was to make a photo of all these golden lines! Love how the card turned out, with this fabulous coloring on the dark cardstock - Wow!

    I'm going to bake a far-away-birthday-cake and will celebrate this birthdaywith creating some more cards with Uniko Stamps! ;-)
    Hugs, Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love your own bg with great color combo and great embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Julie, stunning card ! You've been allocated one (among others !) of my favourite stamp and you showcase it so beautifully ! Love the beautiful gold embossing, such a stunning contrast with the black and the red ! So great to have you as "a special guest" for the Uniko 6th birthday ! Have a great Sunday and a fabulous coming week ! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even without the gold embossing part it is a wonderfull card, with one of my favorite flowers on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant and sumptuous Jules with the silver embossing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lusciousness is the perfect word, Julie! I love the detail that you have created on your card front and the richness of the embossing. A beautiful design showcasing a Uniko classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is so glamourous, so elegant. I love the embossing and the spotlight on the red gerbera. Fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the look of silver embossing powder! This card is sensational! Thanks so much for being in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! You've showcased the gerbera set in a style that is absolutely breath-taken-away gorgeous! The embossing, pop of red, dimension and masking...swooning! Work of art! So glad you joined us in this celebration!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea to strech your stamps and create awesome effect ! Loved the card !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an elegant card and I love the gerbera xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card and such a gorgeous Gerbera stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card... I can see why you love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card. Love that pops of color among the gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really pretty floral creation and lovely design, it's perfect for this months theme at Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gerbara is one of my favorite stamps, and you have done a great job with it. Love the dramatic effect the gold and black create , and the pop of red is perfect Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This set is one of my favorites! Love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. very elegant and i like the silver embossing with the splash of red on that beautiful Gerbera.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is very pretty with the flowers.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice card. Love heat embossing on dark cardstock paper. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh the embossing looks fabulous! Thankyou for showing your previous creations too.. so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous embossing - and shows off this gorgeous stamp perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do love this stamp set and you've showcased it beautifully here. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really do enjoy reading what you have to say.

From 25th May 2018, in line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose. If you leave me a comment on my blog you do so in the knowledge that it will be visible to all who visit my blog. It will also be visible for anyone to collect.

I personally do not collect any information stored on my blog.

If you have left a comment and don't want it to be seen, then please delete it.
Thanks
Jules :0)